One of the rarest of all antique absinthe glasses, this reproduction Bubble Absinthe Glass is a must have for any absintheur. This unusual glass acts differently than other absinthe glasses in that the absinthe is poured into the reservoir (the bubble located in the bottom of the glass) until the bubble is full. Sugary ice water is then slowly added into the glass. Because water is heavier than absinthe, the water slowly forces the absinthe out of the bubble and into the upper chamber of the glass. This is a nice way to watch the louching process, when the absinthe begins to turn milky in color. This reaction occurs as the water mixes with the anise in the absinthe.
- Sold in sets of 4 glasses.
- Mouth-blown glass.
- Measures approximately 5.5" (14 cm) tall.
- Mouth measures approximately 3" (7.6 cm) in diameter.
- Foot measures approximately 2.875" (7.3 cm) in diameter.
- Reservoir holds approximately .75 fl oz (20 ml).
- Glass holds approximately 12 fl oz (350 ml).