During the pre-ban era (before 1915), it was rare to find someone who drank absinthe without first sweetening it with sugar. For this reason there are so many antique accoutrements and ways to add sugar to absinthe. Absinthe is, and has always been, made to taste to one’s own liking, therefore the amount of sugar used is purely by preference of the drinker.
Wrapped sugar cubes (or tablets) are no longer produced in the United States. In 2008, when the last maker ceased its production, Bonnecaze quickly moved to fill this void. Later that year we began importing our privately labeled sugar cubes into the U.S. from Europe. Our wrapped cubes are now available in Europe.
These cubes are the same found in cafés, bars and restaurants throughout France and Italy.
- Includes 2,000 wrapped sugar cubes (1,000 packets).
- Each packet contains 2 cubes.
- Packets measure 1.25" long x 5/8" wide x 3/8" high.
- White, medium fine beet sugar.
- White text on green wrapper.
- Imported from Europe.